Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we and certain service providers acting on our behalf collect certain information, such as:
- Information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device;
- Information you provide when you make an inquiry through the Site, including your name, title, company, address, email address and phone number;
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your name, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password;
- Information you provide in public forums or comment sections;
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, that we may be using in connection with our Site;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with our Site (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our Site, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and
- Usage, viewing, technical and device data when you visit our Site or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We Collect Device Information Using the Following Technologies
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you arrive at our Site, it will leave behind a cookie on your computer that helps us and our service providers uniquely identify you. Cookies may also be used to help enable features like smart content, in which you see tailored content depending on your past visits. We use these cookies to know what parts of the Site you spent time interacting with or reading. If you voluntarily choose to provide your contact information, the cookie in that browser is associated with the newly created contact record. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identity a person who has not chosen to provide his or her contact information. Only when you voluntarily provide your contact information can subsequent visits be tied to information about a person. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps are an output from the web server containing a record of all requests (or “hits”) that the server receives.
- “Web beacons,” “tags” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Our Site may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on our Site, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect to provide you with products and services that you request, including signing up for newsletters, requesting guides and submitting résumés. We also use your information to communicate with you about your account or use of our Site.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud in particular, your IP address, and more generally to improve and optimize our Site. For example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
Do Not Track
Web browsers can transmit Do Not Track signals that indicate that a user does not wish to have activity tracked. Currently, no universally accepted standard exists for how to interpret such signals, although work to create consensus is ongoing. Accordingly, we currently do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You have the following rights with respect to the data we have collected from you:
- You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated or deleted;
- You have the right to choose or change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
- You have the right to choose whether we can share your personal information with other companies; and
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted from a public forum on our Site.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Data Security and Retention
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. If you create an account on our Site, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services. You can delete your account at any time.
Sharing Your Information
We will never sell any of your personal or device information to any third party.
We may engage other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our Site and our customers and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data or performing statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service or support. If you have given us permission to share your information with third parties, you may withdraw that permission at any time. However, certain portions or features of our Site might not be available or accessible to you without such permission.
We may share personal information if necessary to comply with applicable law or as ordered by a court or other applicable governmental authority.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
500 North Akard, Suite 2000, Dallas, TX, 75201, United States